Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cry me a river

This one time I knew this girl that never turned down an opportunity to get out of town and be spontaneous.  When approached with a great opportunity to hit the road she jumped right on it.  Bags were packed and she was ready to roll in no time.  There was no hesitations and she never said things like, ' I need to stay home and clean or my car is not washed or I need to do laundry.'  I am sad to say that girl was me and I think I have lost her.

Lately I have felt so robotic.  I feel like my life could not get anymore dull and mundane.  My days consist of going to work, going to the gym, eating, and then getting ready to do it all over again the next day.  These feelings have been coming and going for some time now but it's not until today that I wanted to throw a little temper tantrum about it because I turned down a trip to the beach with my sister and I really wanted to go.  I talked myself out of it because I am going on a big trip in 2 weeks and I need to prepare, my house is a mess, my car is disgusting and my significant other and I made plans with another couple a week ago to hang out this weekend.  So did I make the right choice?  For responsible reason, yes I made the right choice.  Am I happy with my choice?  Not really.  Am I being selfish?  Maybe a little because I am going on a trip in two weeks and it's not like I never get to go to the beach.

As I have mulled over this all day I have been to trying to figure out how I can bring spontaneity back into my life.  All I need is time and money so here is the plan.  Win the lottery.  Problem solved.

I know, I know.  I just need to suck it up and quit my whining.

No comments:

Post a Comment